Monday, November 24, 2008

The End

It's the end of my small, non-stretchy shirts. Today started with an email from babycenter.com. "Welcome to your 16th week of pregnancy! Get ready, in the next few weeks your baby will double in size and weight!" (groan from Lauren) Right now I'm doing laundry and sighing as I stack up my small shirts and pants and shorts without elastic. (Yes, because they don't fit, or won't fit by the time I get back from Thanksgiving.) It was a relief to find some towels in my laundry basket. "Aha! These will still fit!" And if I'm going to outgrow my towels, don't tell me now.

I have awesome maternity clothes thanks to some good friends. But I'm still sad about putting away my old clothes. It occurred to me that this is kind of like packing for study abroad. I get to take some clothes with me overseas (through my pregnancy), and the rest I'll see again in a few months (a year or so). Right? Sorry, these reality checks are tough.

There's lots of things to be excited about. ACU is dominating in the playoffs! If you're out of the loop, ACU beat WTAMU on Saturday 93-68! Sheesh! If you want to watch just the touchdowns, you can find the video on D2Football.com or the Abilene Reporter News website. Just the touchdowns - it's 6:00 long! It was a long, crazy, awesome game! We play Northwest Missouri this Saturday. I'll have to watch the game online. Oh man. The Championship game is in Florence, Alabama on Dec. 13th, and I would love to be there! awesome.

I'm also super excited about Thanksgiving! It's one of my favorite holidays. Yum.

Here's the recent picture. We took it last night, 11/23/08.

4 comments:

brenda said...

Trapeze and Baby doll tops are way in style this season; you'll look adorable! And.....there's no way you'll outgrown those towels :-)

The Driskells said...

Love your thoughts on your clothing! It makes me laugh because I'm finally on the other side where I can actually wear my B.C. clothes and not have to rubber band my pants to stay buttoned! It will all be good! Just think of it as a second wardrobe of new clothing!!!
Love the baby bump picture too!
: ) Kara

Elizabeth Graham said...

A baby bump! I can't wait to see you and the bump in just a few days =)

Amy Simpson said...

Ah! I have been thinking about you so much lately and wanting to come by the office but have been distracted by a lot of other things. Thanks for the posts.

When I heard about the 93-68 game (I was actually on a farm that day), I immediately thought of you!

I think the maternity clothes are exciting (it's also nice that you don't have to buy a lot of your own), but can imagine how crazy those "reality checks" must be.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!