Saturday, November 1, 2008

Traveling Plans

So Thursday I went to Houston for a fancy ACU recruiting event. Thursday was a bad day. I felt car sick for most of the long ride, but we had to keep going so we could get there on time, so I just tried to sleep. And none of the convenient stores we stopped at had Icees! bummer. For a while I thought I would have to skip the event that night, but once we got to our hotel room, I started feeling better. The event was great, I love talking about ACU. Then Friday we got back in the car and drove back to Abilene. It's a long drive. We left at 9:15, stopped at the Blue Bell factory in Brehnam, it was closed, and then we accidentally ended up in Taylor! That was not on the route, but it was close to Georgetown, and I definitely know my way back to Abilene from there. I felt really good on Friday, and I knew where we were, so I did most of the driving. And my fellow travelers let me pick all the stops. For lunch we stopped in Taylor and ate at this tiny Mexican food place that was painted bright peach and only had trucks in the dirt parking lot. It was great.

So this weekend I'm here in Abilene and on Monday I leave for a NAFSA (some sort of national study abroad association) conference in Merida, Mexico. I'll feel more excited about it after I pack and get all my stuff together. It should be fun though. I'm going with three other people from ACU. I get back late Thursday night.

My baby will have been to Montevideo and Mexico before it's born!

Check out Merida on wikipedia, it's a cool place!

No comments: