Monday, November 10, 2008

Some Dreams

I've had some pretty wild dreams the last few weeks. Here's my two blog-appropriate favorites so far: In one I was a lead in a Shakespeare play with my friend Amy. I wasn't originally cast as the lead, but the lead got sick, so I got the part. It turns out that I'm a wonderful Shakespeare actress! But after each show the director would pull me aside and tell me to either stop ad-libbing or at least run my ideas by him before the show. I told him that I thought it was important to give the audience more historical information about the play (most of my outbursts were like footnotes). It was pretty awesome.

The dream I had last night was not very fun, but it was crazy. First I was walking around a mall, not knowing which section to shop in. Then someone came up and told me "Happy Birthday!" I asked how old I was, and they said 30. 30?! I quickly added in my head, "born in '83, now it's 2008, yep, that makes me 30!" Then I saw my two good friends Mark and Phil and I asked them if they were 30 too. They said "Of course!" Whoa. So I went home, because my mom was going to bring me a birthday cake. But I knew my house was going to be invaded before my party by a gang, so I waited in my front yard on a wave runner in the pond. (Yes, in my front yard.) The gang came, I got off my wave runner and fought them through the house and backyard. It was pretty cool, but scary. I don't remember all the details, there was something about an airplane engine making fake snow to distract them...(easy, you throw bags of ice through the engine and it comes out all chopped up like snow!) I remember the end - I punched the leader in the face, sent him flying into the fireplace, and I lit him on fire! When I woke up I was terrified! But I slowly realized that I wasn't 30, and I hadn't fought anyone. Thank goodness!

3 comments:

The Driskells said...

HILARIOUS!!!! So what would Frued say about that 2nd dream?
: ) Kara

Lauren said...

I know, what a mess! I think the airplane engine comes from flying to Mexico, the snow from a Christmas movie I watched on Sunday, and the wave runner was something that my hair dresser talked about. But lighting people on fire doesn't ring a bell. So that must be from the crazy hormones!

Rachael said...

HA...i love crazy dreams.